Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cookies for Breakfast!?

Kelly T. is a genius. I woke up wanting oatmeal, but I was too hot for both oatmeal and coffee, and I certainly wasn't saying no to the coffee. Then I remembered the oatmeal recipe on Kelly's blog- she basically mixes up a bowl of oatmeal, then bakes it cookie-style to make hand-held portable oats. I cut the recipe in half, because I only had 1 cup of oats left. I didn't really measure, I just threw 1 cup of oats into a big bowl with half of a banana, a big spoonful of peanut butter, and another spoonful of honey. Mashed all that up, then I added in some raisins and poured a little boiling water over it all. I was afraid that my batter was too runny, but my cookies held together great! Kelly says she bakes hers for 30 minutes but I got a little impatient after 13 so I took them out then. They tasted just like a bowl of oatmeal :) I think next time I'll use a little more PB to get a stronger flavour, but otherwise these were perfect.


7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

My all-time favorite cookie-variety is Peanut-Butter Oatmeal, so those cookies sound like pure bliss to me!! Yum!!

glidingcalm said...

Those look soo good!!!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Haha, we are two peas in a pod when it comes to thinking alike-- I saw that recipe on Kelly's blog and copied it down a while ago. But I guess I am just lazier than you, because I haven't made it yet... now I want to even more!

Definitely take advantage of the email! After all, who doesn’t want a giant banana???

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Oh wow, you are the sweetest thing for thinking of me when you ordered two giant bananas! I’ve never had a giant banana, so I am quite looking forward to all the doors it will open.

Hmmm, I wonder what other people who read this comment will think…

Kelly T. said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out. Aren't they the best? I need to pick me up some raisins and make another batch.

Tina said...

I love cookies for breakfast! Check out the recipe for Rise and Shine Cookies: http://www.healthcharitiesofaz.org/rec-riseandshine.htm

So yummy and great with coffee! :)

Katie said...

These look amazing! I'm not a big fan of pb, but I think I'm going to have to try these anyway!