Friday, April 18, 2008

Trying it Out

I'm not sure yet if this will be a regular occurrence, however I did take pictures of everything I ate today and so I'm deciding to post it just to get a feel for it :)

Breakfast was a baked oatmeal square that I made a few weeks ago and froze. I stuck it in the fridge overnight to thaw out, then this morning threw it in the microwave for 30 seconds then under the broiler to crisp it up. I think I liked the texture better after these were frozen, it was so dense and filling :) I used Kath's recipe, which is right here. I topped my baked oatmeal with peanut butter and honey, and of course I had a cup (ok tankard, my cup is massive) of coffee.



I remembered Miss Chocolate Covered's challenge to try a new food so while in the grocery store today I grabbed a small carton of soy yogurt to try. I love yogurt, so I wasn't sure how the soy kind would compare. Well...I loved it!!! It was awesome!!! It had more sugar than I would like to have in a yogurt, but for the sweetened kind I think I prefer soy over milk. I had my peach soy yogurt with a mango and a banana, and then an hour later I went back to the kitch for a piece of toast with pb & j. So good :)


For dinner I made vcon's black bean burgers. These are so freaking good, I make them twice a month, and I'm not one to repeat recipes all that often. I topped it with some laughing cow cheese and had a salad with toasted almond slivers, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar.



I also made a black bean burger sandwich for my boyfriend- he loves these things :) He's so healthy, what a good boy hahaha.

I had a snack in there too, some licorice while studying with a friend- but all that did was remind me that I don't like candy. I'm a chocolate girl, definitely :) Have a great night everyone!!

8 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Oooh, the baked oatmeal square looks delicious! Kath's recipes are always fabulous :0)

Mmm, the black-bean burgers look marvelous as well - glad that your boyfriend liked them too!

Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I'm with you-- give me chocolate over candy any day!

Can your boyfriend come train mine? He does NOT like healthy food (unless, of course, he doesn't know it's healthy-- I love sneaking healthy ingrdients into dishes and not telling him until after he admits to liking it! Although I think by now he is suspicious that ANYTHING I make might just have some hidden spinach or something!)

romina said...

YUM!! I could go for some baked oatmeal right now (especially with PB on top).

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Yeah, LOL that does rank right up there with "creepiest thing anyone's ever said to me"! And it's not exactly what I want people to think of when they think of me hehehehe.

Now why would that email go to your JUNK mailbox? It sounds like a promising email ;o)

Monica said...

you are so lucky your boyfriend is healthy! my boyfriend is so unhealthy-he eats everything fried! our eating habits are so different but he knows once i cook for him he'll have to at least try new things!

good luck studying! enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Katie said...

I love black bean burgers with a passion! This is totally inspiring me to make them this week!

Jill said...

I want to find more types of soy yogurt, is that one tasty?

I'm adding you to my blogroll, if that's ok?

ashley said...

Your food this day looks beautiful!

I've been lucky to get my boyfriend to eat some black bean burgers, too. Try Chili's!