Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Official

...Everything tastes better grilled!



My roomie-for-the-month (that's right, I'm moving AGAIN come June 1st) let me play with her grill and let's just say that I've found a new love. I'm grilling everything. Seriously. My delicious treat was inspired by this recipe on Katie's blog, which definitely deserves the 'Sandwich of Dreams' title! Anyway, on to the food- I took half of a whole wheat pita, spread the inside with peanut butter, cinnamon sugar, and a touch of blueberry jam, then sliced up half a banana and put that and some raisins in there too. I grilled it for a few minutes (I couldn't wait any longer than that) and was rewarded with melty sweet banana peanut butter goodness! Oh my. Don't make the same mistake I did though and take a huge bite right away- grilled banana chunks get hot!

TGIF- Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

ashley said...

AGREED!

I have also fallen in love with my oven. You can bake/broil ANYTHING! Apples, asparagus, tofu, potatoes, chips... and it's so easy!

I hope you have a good weekend :)

(Why are you moving again so soon? I hope you have some trusty and strong friends to help you move!)

linds said...

Thanks Ashley! It's kind of complicated- I'm all done school but the bf isn't, and he and I want to live together next year. But I need a job first. So basically I'm spending the summer subletting different friend's apartments depending on when they're gone and looking for a job. If I get one, he and I will get our own place in September. If not, I get to move back home with the parents. But I also might go back to school in the Fall. It's all a little confusing....

VeggieGirl said...

Indeed!!! Grilled sandwiches, vegetables, etc. ALWAYS taste amazing - yum!

TGIF!

Jenn said...

All I have to say is YUM! I love your blog!

I really need to get myself a grill or panini maker because they just seem to make everything better!

Good luck with your upcoming move :o)

ashley said...

In that case, best of luck with the job search. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding one in that amount of time.. right? Right!

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH! That looks so good I can't stand it!

Ruby Red Vegan said...

that looks so delicious! i've tried katie's sandwich of dreams recipe too, and oh my goodness it's so awesome! maybe your roomie will let you steal her grill? :)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

A covert spy mission? I am SO there! Just give me five minutes to get all my super-secretive spy gear in order.

*Takes out a huge black bag and starts throwing a buch of random stuff inside.*

Ok, I am now ready to commence “Operation Get Katie’s Giant Banana Back”.

Actually, before we leave, can I make a sandwich? It's all your fault-- you have me craving peanut butter and banana now, and my George Foreman misses me... poor guy.

Happy Herbivore! said...

totally agree