Friday, May 23, 2008

Tag!

Oooh Monica tagged me so I guess that means I'm it.

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Let's see...5 things about me....
1. I played a ridiculous number of sports as a kid. I started off with soccer when I was five, and since then I have played competitive basketball, figure skating, track and field / cross country, swimming, hockey... I was even lucky enough to have multiple sport practice sessions the same day. Like 6am skating and then 4pm basketball followed by 7pm soccer. No wonder I could eat whatever the heck I wanted :)

2. I was "discovered" and did some modelling for a bit. This is funny because I'm 5'1". It was all stock photography, as in I could be the face of some bank's new student credit card. I'll be sure to let you all know if such fame ensues.

3. I'm very indecisive. I graduated from University with a BA in English Lit and Econ, but along the way I toyed with plans to become an Architect, a Registered Dietitian, a Doctor (ok a Brain Surgeon), or a Journalist. Needless to say, I drove my parents nuts.

4. I'm scared of everything. When I was younger I would throw a blanket over my head and plug my ears while "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was on because I was scared. My 5-years-younger sister would sit there laughing at me. I also slept in her bedroom, on the floor, every night for a week after watching "The Exorcist". She thought that was pretty funny too.

5. I'm a bit of a snob about my chocolate. Hershey's tastes like plastic.

Now I get to tag 5 people.. I'm sure everyone has already been "tagged" before so if you don't feel like doing it it's ok, my feelings won't be hurt :) haha

Miss Ruby Red at Ruby Red Vegan
Carmen at The Oatmeal Experiment
Kelly T at Every Gym's Nightmare
Melissa at Melissa's Journey (I'm cheating here because I totally saw she just did it so I'm getting in on that tag)
Tina at Carrots and Cake

13 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Wow, EVERYONE is being tagged for these 5 facts posts - love it!! Such interesting facts about you - I too did tons of sports when I was younger :0)

Jill said...

I'll second that hershey's comment! Has to be dark. Has to be high class. Otherwise I don't even bother eating it!

oatmeal said...

Holy! If I had your athletic talent when I was a kid, gym class wouldn't have been as much of a nightmare!
And wow, modelling? I hope you'll still have time to update your blog once you're famous! ;D
I'm so glad you think Hershey's taste like crap as well! It doesn't feel like normal chocolate when I sink my teeth into it :\

Kelly T said...

no worries- when i was younger the theme songs from the X-files and unsolved mysteries gave me nightmares. not the shows, just the songs...

Ruby Red Vegan said...

Ooh, you picked some interesting facts to share! I probably could have guessed #5 though; your blog title shows that you really like your chocolate! And if you ever find out that your pictures go in some public advertisement, you'll have to get ahold of it and post it on the blog! Then we could all be really really impressed.

Thanks for tagging me - I'm going to try really hard to not forget to post my 5 facts too!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Aw so cool that you were discovered!

I was a model too-- I was on tv in my underwear when I was two years old... does that count? ;o)

loveofoats said...

wow - modeling? that is awesome!

hehe, nothing wrong w/ being a snob about chocolate!

Melissa said...

I think it is so great that you model! I always think it is so unfair that on America's Top Model they pretend to be open to different body types, but they complete disregard short girls!

Anyways, have a great weekend. All the recipes look delish!

Sheltie Girl said...

I love these types of posts, but I have a hard time doing them myself. I'm still trying to answer one I got on 7 words that describe me...maybe I should add indecisive to it since it's taking me so long do actually do it.

Natalie @ Gluten a Go Go

Anou said...

Hey Linds,

I just discovered your blog. I just tried the fat free double chocolate muffins you made,and they are delicious!I have to get rid of them before i eat them all...Ok so I dont know if you remember from kaths blog but I live in Montreal too. And I just wanted to tell you I found the Living Harvest HempMilk vanilla here! I really randomly discovered it at Pharmaprix on the corner of Guy and Ste-Catherine. Just thought I would share because it is really great in oatmeal with some peanut butter mmm.

linds said...

Hey Anou! It is so great to hear from you! I'm so glad you liked the double chocolate muffins, they are crazy addicting though haha it's just way too easy to eat them all! Thanks for sharing your Hempmilk news, I am definitely going to go check it out :)

Thanks for the modelling comments guys! I agree that short girls are so left out... And Katie I bet you were the greatest 2-year old underwear model to ever grace television lol :)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I don’t even want to *think* about what that greedy UPS guy is doing with MY giant banana.

I bet the mother duck would happily allow us to pay her children in melons. After all, melons ARE healthier than cake. But that still doesn’t solve the problem of what to do with all those free Canadian Meds…

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I want to see purple elephants! You know how I love purple things...

I think your idea to drug the UPS guy is genius! That way, it'll be easier for us to pry the giant banana away from him... I hope he hsn't sat on it and ruined it already or anything. I'll cry if my giant banana is broken!