Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cake and Ice Cream

I was ravenous after my workout today. And sweaty. So my original plan of soup quickly became a definite no-go. I had such a great workout, I went to the gym thinking ok, I'm not 100% right now so just do whatever you feel like doing.. And then I had some crazy energy burst and wound up doing an intense 45 minutes of cardio and an ab workout :) I feel awesome now! Anyway, back to the hunger- my sweet tooth is probably only rivaled by that of the lovely Miss Erica over at Sweet Eats. Sweet is always my preferred taste. And I came up with the best way to indulge that sweet need today! I bought a double chocolate muffin at my favourite health food store (nutrition facts aren't stellar but not awful either- made with whole wheat flour, canola oil, sugar, water, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, baking powder, and 250 calories, 15g fat, 3g protein, 25g sugar) and because I've tried this brand before and know their muffins tend to be on the dry side I decided to crumble it into a bowl with yogurt, strawberries, and blueberries. I drizzled a bit of almond butter on top and oh my god this was delicious. Seriously just like cake and ice cream :) I am happy and full now and just have to get ready for work :)


Look how clean my bowl is! This was awesome!

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Looks delish! Haha, you definitely cleaned the bowl!! :0D

Conquerbysmiling said...

Ooo that looks DIVINE!

CeciLiA said...

ZOMG!! That is such a great idea ... hahaha, you make me want to 'intentionally' bake a batch of dry muffins now ;0) Too bad that soy yogurt are such a no-go here in Aus ...

ashley said...

Oh. my. gosh. That bowl is (was!) beautiful! MMMMM!!

Kath said...

Hahaha - that's what my bowls always look like too! I have a long tongue and put it to good use :)