Thursday, July 17, 2008

Definitely Not Better

I sound like a 13-year old boy going through puberty and I feel like... A sick person. Sorry, I'm too sick to get much more creative than that. I tried to pretend I felt ok this morning and went out to the park for a picnic lunch and I picked up some dinner add-ins from a vegetarian buffet restaurant, but soon after that I came home and passed out for 4 hours. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone to take my shift tonight so I'll be working at 7, but maybe they'll let me leave early or something. Anyway, my morning started with a steaming bowl of banana oatmeal, topped with brown sugar and a spoonful of almond butter.


The almond butter on my spoon disappeared too quickly so I had the last quarter of the bowl with a scoop of vanilla hazelnut spread.

Look at the gorgeous color of that plum!! I packed this beauty along with a nectarine, another double chocolate muffin, and a container of vanilla yogurt for lunch in the park.

Delicious again, as 'cake and ice cream' :). I picked up some goodies for dinner and had such great plans for them, until I started feeling really sick again so my special meal will have to wait until tomorrow. Pictured here, clockwise from the sushi roll is:

  • Baked Black Bean Burrito
  • Garlic Spaghetti
  • Ratatouille
  • Sauteed Peppers, Celery and Onions
  • Broccoli and Cauliflower
  • Baby Corn Salad
  • Red Cabbage with Red Wine Vinegar and Dijon

I had planned on mixing everything here with the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes and rotisserie chicken I have at home to make an awesome salad, but I've completely lost my appetite and instead just nibbled a bit. I ate the black bean burrito, the spaghetti, the sushi roll, and took bites out of everything else. At least I still have these veggies to look forward to for tomorrow! Here's to hoping I'm feeling better then.... Have a good night :)

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Ahh, do feel better soon, Linds!!

Vanilla-hazelnut spread!?!??!?! YUM!!!!!!

Simple and Divine said...

Aww FEEL BETTER BABYCAKES! Chicken Soup + Kashis and an Electrolyte Water! Always my go-to ;)

just me said...

ah, feel better soon! i totally know how you feel!

and that dinner looks good...:)

CeciLiA said...

*Pouts and SCREAM* FLY ME TO US NOW!!! Phew ... I'm so JEALOUS of all the yummy eats you get to have :0( Vanilla hazelnut spread looks so so so good!! I almost licked the screen!!

lighterportions said...

Awww sorry to hear you aren't feeling great, hope you feel better soon! Meals in the park sound like a good way to try to feel alive again :)