Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Successful Throw-Together

I looked up at the clock around 6 and realized that I had to get to work in half an hour and also that I had nothing for dinner! At least that's what I thought. After some digging I managed to come up with an awesome salad- this one had a ton of spinach, leftover grilled chicken, tomato, a couple pieces of dried mango, 6 honey roasted almonds, and some of my roommate's bacon bits. I honestly can't remember the last time I added bacon bits to anything, but tonight they sounded good so in they went. Also, the table top is glass, so it only looks like I'm eating off the hardwood floor :)



I also had a slice of bakery whole wheat bread spread with the best cream cheese I've ever tried. It's kind of tangy in a good way and reminds me of goat cheese, except much milder.


Side view of my massive salad :)

I'm bringing this diet blackcurrant sparkling soda to work with me as well as the rest of my pineapple. I don't really drink many diet sodas but this brand makes some really nice flavours, so I'll have one occasionally. Yeah this picture actually was taken on the floor.



Have a lovely evening :)

3 comments:

glidingcalm said...

yay for massive saladS!! the blackcurrant drink does sound interesting!! happy tuesday Lindz!

CeciLiA said...

I <3 big salads!! A good way to sneak in raw food too!! :0) Oh, btw ... I love your salad bowl - see through bowls are awesome! Have a great day :0)

VeggieGirl said...

Salads (and pineapple!!) are so refreshing during this time of year, as the weather keeps getting hotter and hotter.