Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Beat

Which is why this is going to be such a dull and uninspired post. Loooong day at work. But I have tomorrow OFF!!!!!!! I never get days off!!! I have a bunch of errands to run but I also plan on relaxing and getting in a nice workout and maybe some pool time :) It's also a friend's birthday so I'll probably be going out with her. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed lunch and dinner today, but unfortunately I had to rush through them. I always think I have more time than I actually do... I looked at the clock this morning and realized that I had an hour before I had to be at work, yet I wasn't dressed, hadn't eaten lunch or packed dinner. Oops. For lunch I had some more rotisserie chicken (delicious!) with an Agave nectar/mustard dipping sauce, a big bowl of pineapple mixed with frozen grapes, and one of my favourite simple desserts- I drizzled some cut strawberries with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, stirred in some 2% yogurt, and added a few chopped honey roasted almonds on top. Sooo good, but even better with frozen yogurt, which is definitely on my next grocery list.


I was planning on a wrap for dinner but I didn't have any spinach left so instead I made a couscous salad. I prepared a 1/4 cup dry serving and then stirred in cucumber, carrots, chicken, raisins, and my new favourite spinach and dill hummus. It was awesome, the flavour combination was great.

I had a vanilla chocolate yogurt (there are little chocolate shavings in it) with dinner as well. I also wound up going out tonight, which is why I'm finishing up this post at 3am. One of my friends guilted me into it because he's leaving town soon and we haven't hung out for a while. So I blindly agreed to go out, forgetting that he's mildly obsessed with dance electronica type music. I think I can safely say I was one of the few people there who weren't under the influence of something. I sipped on a vodka tonic but only had half after realizing that I hate tonic, then I had a vodka lime shooter simply to shush the annoyingly persistent peer pressurers. Don't you hate them?? I wound up having a pretty good time just dancing, but it's sooo late now and I should aim to get up at a decent hour tomorrow so good night :)

2 comments:

CeciLiA said...

This is so not an uninspired post!!

Awww ... I definitely know how it feels like after a LONG day of work! :0( Poor you!

oooo ... I never ever thought of combining balsamic vinegar with strawberries - how does that taste like?!! Hrmm interesting combo!!

Couscous!! I love couscous salad - so delicious!! I really love this couscous dish that I tried at a local cafe ... it's flavored with curry powder, zucchini, onion, carrot, raisins and probably some spices as well - it's so good, I wish they can tell me the recipe, but I doubt they will :0)

Hrmm ... I'm yet to try out the spinach, dill and hummus combo - sounds really good to me! Hope you have some well deserved rest today!

VeggieGirl said...

Sounds like the dancing was still fun :0) Enjoy your day off!