Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More Love For The Gym! :)

Oh my god. I could go on and on about how much I love my gym :) I did cardio on the upstairs level today (I think there are 4 or 5 floors total- this place is huge) and the treadmills are placed in front of windows that look out over the street and a restaurant patio. People watching while working out is so interesting!! I ran for a bit and did the elliptical, probably about 50 minutes total. I brought last month's Shape with me and the time just flew by. I love how good exercise makes me feel- I think people who view it solely as a way to lose weight are setting themselves up for failure by making gym time a prison sentence instead of a way to boost your mood and just feel great. I really want to venture into the massive weight room but I'm a little bit intimidated... Too many machines and I really don't know what to do with them. I need Kelly around to kick my butt and push me in there :)


Anyway, here is lunch, a grilled soy nut butter (my roommate is allergic to peanuts so no pb for me) and blueberry jam sandwich, a perfectly juicy and delicious apple, and some 2% plain yogurt. It's a gorgeous day out so I'm spending as much time as possible outside before heading to work at 7 :)

1 comment:

every gym's nightmare said...

I'll kick your butt so hard, it'll make you spin.

i was going to turn that into a spin class joke but couldnt figure out how to do it.

great outlook. i love when people feel that way about exercise!


www.groundedfitness.com