Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nibbly Night

My sore throat and headache made it so hard to fall asleep last night :( I turned on the food network and got caught up in Iron Chef America but by that time it was going on 12:30 and I was getting hungry since dinner was so long ago. I went back for a couple more handfuls of pretzels- I dipped a couple into my new Duo Penotti vanilla and hazelnut spread (sweet + salty = awesome) and I had some blueberries and a taste of my roommate's Quaker Harvest Crunch. You know I've been talking about FWDGF and eating for pleasure and I count this snacking behaviour as an 'offender' because really, how much pleasure can you get from a food when you're eating it straight from the package while standing up in the kitchen?

I also count gelato, ice cream, cereals, and crackers (mostly snack, carb-y stuff) as my offenders because they're foods I tend to overdo without getting as much pleasure from eating them as I should. As I just mentioned I consider some behaviours offenders too- like snacking from the package or just mindlessly munching without really enjoying what I'm eating. The next time I'm hungry late at night, I'll have a yogurt. I love yogurt for its satiation powers and taste, but sometimes it can be hard to choose it over crispy salty pretzels, so this is something I'll have to work on. But that's what recasting is all about :)


Moving on to morning! I had a delicious bowl of banana oatmeal made in the microwave with 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup Vitasoy Light Original Soymilk, half a banana, some cinnamon, and an almond butter spoonful with brown sugar sprinkled on top. That's right, a nut butter!! My roommate said she doesn't mind if I use other nut butters as long as I don't bring anything with peanuts or pb into the house (she's allergic). This was awesome news for me and I ran right out to buy this jar of AB :)

I'm going to head to the gym soon and then I have to work at 3. Have a good day :)

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Ahh, I do hope that your sore throat and headache go away soon!!

Oooh, that oatmeal looks so luscious!! Yum!!

Get more hazelnut-butter, if possible!! :0)

Simple and Divine said...

LAST NIGHT I was the same! I woke up like every hour! So annoying... Very recently, actually, like this past week I've been waking up feeling like I've needed food in me and FAST! It's very strange, but it's almost like my body is crying out for it! And trust me, I eat more than enough and always eat dinner late/dessert and snacks! Hmm, maybe there's some odd lunar alignment for us this week, or something? When's your birthday? haha

Anyways, enjoy your workout and I hope you feel better!!

CeciLiA said...

MMmmmm I love oatmeal with nut butters ... it's amazing how much better they taste with just a spoonful of nut butter added!!

Ps: hope you'll feel better soon, sigh ... everyone is getting sick nowadays :0(