Saturday, July 19, 2008

Up With The Sun

I feel much better this morning :) What a relief! My brother's flight gets in at 7:05am so I should be hearing from him soon. It's going to be a gluten-free weekend- my brother was diagnosed with Celiac Disease when he was 10, so we're going to be hunting out some good GF eats over the next few days. I've already found a vegan/vegetarian restaurant that also offers a lot of GF options, so I'd love to take him there.

To fuel up for the day I started with a bowl of steaming hot oats, made with 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup Vitasoy Light Original Soymilk, 1/3 cup water, 1/2 banana, a pinch of salt and some cinnamon. I sprinkled the surface with brown sugar and served with a spoonful of almond butter and I got all cuddly on the couch and snuggled in with my breakfast :)

Happy Saturday!

6 comments:

CeciLiA said...

Awww ... you are SUCH a sweetie, how thoughtful of you!! I wish I have a sister like you <333 I certainly do hope that he'll like the veg gf food though, fingers crossed!!

'I got all cuddly on the couch and snuggled in with my breakfast' - THAT'S exactly what I did at breakfast today ;0)

VeggieGirl said...

Glad you're feeling better!!

Have you read my recent blog post?? I just posted about recently finding out that I'm allergic to wheat/gluten - I know how your brother feels!! haha :0)

just me said...

you're such a nice sister! searching for some great places to take your brother while he's out there!

i hope you guys have a great weekend!

Simple and Divine said...

yaayyy im so glad you're feeling better!!! Have fun with your brother :)

Jenn said...

Glad you're feeling better - haha, obviously I read the post about you feeling sick before I read this one ;o)

Have fun with your brother! He's lucky to have an understanding sister like you who is willing to go gluten-free for his visit!

Danielle said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! That yummy bowl of oats (and the good night's sleep) did the trick I'm sure! Have a wonderful weekend with the bro! :)