Monday, July 28, 2008

Veggies to Soothe the Soul

I went for a really long walk today which helped clear my head and made me feel better physically too. I cannot wait until September- it's been kind of a rough summer, living away from my family and boyfriend and I don't really have many friends in the city right now either. The apartment I'm living in right now is also awful (cheap rent was the only plus) so I just really want to move out to somewhere that's going to make me happy! I'm sorry for the negativity, I always try to think about the positives but there are some days when I get down and can't seem to get back up.


I got back from my walk and wanted to fuel myself with something healthy and uplifting, so I went for a Gliding Calm inspired veggie plate and a z-bar :) Since I didn't pass on the Brillante Blogging Award, I think I'm just going to give a few shout-outs to some awesome bloggers. Like Em for example- her fruit and veggie platters are always so colorful and gorgeous and I love how she knows what to give her body and always eats what she craves. Plus she is a fantastic athlete in one of my favourite sports (figure skating!!!!!) and her product reviews are always informative and often entertaining (I love her "clap clap" after introducing the product hahaha). Veggies also make me think of the blogworld famous VeggieGirl. Somehow, this vegan dynamo has a kind word for every post :) Her baking adventures always produce delicious results and are retold with exquisitely written detail. Since she was recently diagnosed as a Celiac I can't wait to see her gluten-free treats and try them out for myself and my GF brother as well :)

Laundry and dinner are up next on the agenda! Take care everyone and see you all again soon :)

7 comments:

Danielle said...

It's so nice to see two sets of veggie platters today! I really hope you enjoyed it!

P.S. I forgot to mention earlier but I loved the sound of our imaginary coffee date! Mireille would be so pleased :)

just me said...

those were such nice words to shout out to those girls! and i agree, both of their blogs rock!

and sadness that you're not close enough to see your family and bf all the time...but you're gonna see him soon; so no worries! i hope you get to move closer to them soon!

have a great night! glad you enjoyed your walk!

VeggieGirl said...

Linds, I'm truly touched by your kind words - you're a gem!! I absolutely love your blog, and look forward to each and every one of your posts; and I'm LOVING your vegetable plate for tonight!! Whoo hoo!! :0D

Have an awesome Monday night, my friend.

Conquerbysmiling said...

The platters look great!

lighterportions said...

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bit of a bummy summer. That really sucks that you aren't happy with where you're living. I hope things pick up for you! Walking makes things SO much better, I used to always call it free therapy. It completely allows you to relax and really reflect. Walking is lovely. :)

newcitygirl said...

I can totally relate on the rough summer :-(. I had a crappy first apartment here in Chicago, and it was also only appealing because of the low rent! But like you, I'm moving soon, so things are looking up for us, right?

PS-the veggie plate looks delish!

glidingcalm said...

Ahh you are so sweet! Thank you so so much! I am so touched right now! Oh my gosh! I really do appreciate the shout out, and your reading!! I'm so glad people enjoy the blog! THANK YOU SO MUCH LINDZ!!! :)