Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lessons Learned

I went out for a lovely walk today- I was probably out for an hour before I started to get hungry and decided it was lunchtime. I made 1/2 cup of egg whites in the microwave just like last time, and then made it into a sandwich with a toasted whole wheat English muffin, mustard & ketchup, spinach, and tomato. I wish I had some cheese for this though, that would have made it perfect! On the side I had a sweet potato which I microwaved until soft and then cut into cubes and sauteed on the stovetop until crispy. Ketchup for dipping, of course.

I actually only wound up eating half of the sweet potato, because I decided to get some gelato! My cone was oreo, mint chocolate chip, tiramisu, and chocolate hazelnut.


I finished one shift at job #1 at 7 and my shift at job #2 was actually supposed to start at 7 (obviously I didn't get there on time, thank goodness everyone who works there is crazy laid back and just happy that I show up), so needless to say dinner was eaten on the run. I had a kamut tortilla with a banana and about 2 tablespoons of PB&Co's Mighty Maple PB. I LOVE this pb flavour!!!!! The hint of sweetness is perfect. Ughhh I would move to the states just for the food products. Well I actually might be moving to the states, but that's a different story. Also, my boyfriend tells me that no one who lives in the states, actually calls it the states. It's America. Or the US. Or, as my grandpa says, the US of A. Well, that was quite the tangent.


I snacked too much at work tonight- I was distracted every time I was eating, which means I didn't enjoy it enough so I ate more in volume to make up for the lack of satisfaction, and also means that I don't even know how much I ate. I had a few handfulls of my co-workers fries, which were just a little too heavy for me (as I'm feeling now) and lots more bites of gelato. I just feel kind of bloated now. I need to stop making excuses for myself for eating while at work. If I'm going to be hungry, bring a snack. Or just don't eat it.

Oooh I was going to end there but I just remembered something I wanted to share :) One of the girls I work with asked me tonight if I was ever a gymnast. I was a little confused (wondered why she would ask?) and replied that I used to figure skate. I still have pretty good tone in my legs (though I'm not sure that it's leftover from my skating days) and I tend to get complimented on my legs and my bum. Haha I feel silly saying that, but really, I always get told that I have a nice bum. It's a pretty good bum, I guess. Ok no more bum I have to stop there. Annnnyway wow I am on a roll with tangents today. Back to my story- when I told her I used to skate she was like 'ohh well I asked if you did gymnastics because you have really toned arms'. I have never been told I had anything close to tone in my arms!!!! Must be all those 20lb boxes I lift for 8 hours a day at job #1 :) Anyway her comment made me smile and definitely makes me want to tone up all the rest of me just as nicely :)

Have a happy rest-of-weekend! :)

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, sweet potato!!

That's sweet what the girl said!! You SHOULD feel good about your "toned self," haha - keep it up!! :0)

Alaina said...

i LOVE pb and banana on tortillas. one of my favorite lunches throwing it on a skillet and making a quesedilla. the peanut butter gets nice and melty :)

lighterportions said...

Lifting at work does wonders for your arms. I love getting random compliments like that that are totally unexpected. :)

I'm totally surprised that people in the states don't actually call it the states... that' so weird! That's pretty much what I always refer to it as... weird.

Now I really want to get my hands on some of that Mighty Maple Pb... mmm....

glidingcalm said...

Haha Gotta love skater bodies!

Your sweet potatoes look fab!

Caitlin said...

hahah thats ok to love your bum. i think when you are athletic as a child, that toning never goes away. my future husband always looks like a jock even though he just lays on the couch most days.

groundedfitness said...

Ive never through of making an egg sanwhich before. well, a healthy one. my boyfriend makes fried egg sandwiches all the time and the stick of butter he uses turns me off a bit.

www.everygymsnightmare.com

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) said...

How fun that you had different types of gelato when you got your cone!

krista's kravings said...

Love your blog and I agree about the awesome food items available to those lucky Americans! Lucky for me that I live about 2 hours from Buffalo so I travel there every 2 months or so for my treats!

lizzy said...

yeeee for toned arms! and your cone looks sooooo yum! i havent tried that flavor of PB&CO yet...but i for sure will be on the lookout for it! i am pretty sure u can order PB&CO online, but i am not sure if they ship outside of the US. and don't worry too much about your snacking...at least you have caught yourself and made a note of how you feel afterwards! that is a positive! hope you are off to a great start to your week!