Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's Get This Show on the Road

I'm packing + blogging so my apologies if this gets a little disorganized- I'm not the best multitasker haha. I am soooo excited for Boston!!!! But first a little recap of the day's eats: breakfast at 6:30 this morning was a change from the usual oats, with 2 slices of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread toasted and spread with 2 tbsp almond butter, half of an extremely ripe banana (I could hardly cut it, it was so soft!) and a drizzle of agave nectar.

Plus coffee with a little hot chocolate mix.


For lunch I packed the last ounce of my round of Camembert cheese (yes it was on sale, and yes I did a little dance when I found this), a whole wheat roll, organic vanilla yogurt, and a banana.


I was craving mango like mad for dinner! At my favourite grocery store they sometimes set out little packs of very ripe fruit at reduced prices so I scored this amazing juicy mango, pre-cut and all, for 99 cents :) The regular packs of pre-cut fruit start at $3.99 so I was pretty happy with my bargain. I had another whole wheat roll on the side spread with a little butter and the rest of my Tex Mez salad from last night on the side. This all tasted so great together and filled me up perfectly.


I'm bringing a container of my absolute favourite plain yogurt as a travel snack. This organic kind is so freaking expensive but I decided to treat myself tonight. Can you believe there are 10g of protein in this thing?! Awesome :) Since I am such a yogurt lover you can bet that I am pumped for my first FAGE encounter!!! I'm also intrigued by Chobani. And I want to sample the coconut milk based non-dairy yogurts! I may just be eating yogurt for the next 4 days......



HK I will be emailing you!

I don't think I'll be blogging until I get back but I'm sure I will have a ton to talk about then :) Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

hk said...

yes, do!!! I'm very much around :)

VeggieGirl said...

Have an AMAZING time in Boston, girl!! Can't wait to read all about it :0)

lighterportions said...

Woohoo, enjoy Boston!! And especially the encounters with them greek yogurts, you know I am very jealous about that one hahaha.

sportsnutritionliving said...

Ohh i love Boston... hope you enjoy your trip!

Danielle said...

I miss you! :) In the mean time, I hope you're having a fabulous time in Boston and I look forward to (yummy) stories when you return. Take caregirlie!