Friday, August 15, 2008

Reunited With Oats

It's been sooo long since I last had oats! They tasted especially delicious today :) The mix was standard, with 40g of oats, a pinch of salt, 1/3 cup skim milk, 1/3 cup water, 1/2 banana, raisins, lots of cinnamon, brown sugar, and an almond butter spoonful. The new addition today was a big spoonful of 1% cottage cheese for a little extra protein. It melted into the oats and gave great texture, though it added pretty much nothing to the taste.

Now that I've had breakfast though all I really want to do is go back to sleep! I don't know why I'm so tired... Probably because I haven't had my coffee yet ;) I want to fit in a gym trip today and then I'm working at 4 but that's about it, pretty boring day. At least August is coming to an end and some of my friends (and boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!) will be coming back soon! I am so excited to move into my new apartment with the boy :) Two more weeks until it happens!!!!!

Happy Friday! :)

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I seriously can't go more than a day without oatmeal (banana/nut-butter oatmeal, to be exact), haha - love it too much!!

Ahh, just two more weeks??? How exciting!! :0)

Happy Friday!! Good luck at work, and I do hope that you're able to wake up a bit more ;0)

lighterportions said...

Ohh the move is coming up so soon! That's so exciting!

I haven't had oats in forever. I honestly don't even remember the last time. Probably since summer started. That's kind of terrible. I just haven't been craving them with the hot weather. Although it's been decently cool lately and I find I've been considering having them for breakfast more and more recently... I might just keep up the oat habit again soon! And maybe give that whole oat/cottage cheese combo a try too.