Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cheers For Fuses And Working Stoves!

SO I'm gonna try out this posting every two days thing but the result may just be one long post that is no fun to read, but anyway I'll try it out and see how I like it :) I also think I might post a rough calorie estimate for my days as well- my aim is always on eating for pleasure but when it comes to dropping a few pounds it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on the numbers. If there's anything you guys don't like about these changes please let me know :)

TUESDAY

It was all about the stove-top oats this morning!!!! It's been months since my last bowl of real oats, and I thoroughly enjoyed every last bite of this breakfast. In the mix was the standard 40g of oats with 1/3 cup skim milk, 1/3 cup water, a pinch of salt, one whole and very ripe banana, cinnamon, brown sugar, and of course a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. Coffee with skim milk also made an unphotographed appearance.

I worked the 7-3 shift this morning (so the above oats were eaten at 5:30, sooo earlyyy) and I brought a lunch that I made the night before: two ounces of whole wheat linguine with tomato basil sauce, plain yogurt, and a banana.


I got home around 4 and then had to switch gears since class started at 6, so I snacked on a plate of carrots and hummus while I figured out what to make for dinner.


I went with a mixed greens salad with rotisserie chicken, olives, jalapenos (which I wound up taking off since the flavours just did not compliment each other), rosemary and garlic croutons, rice vinegar, and olive oil. For dessert I had the most decadent banana yogurt with a small handful of Kashi Go-Lean Crunch. It's a grocery store brand yogurt and it's flavoured but the sugar content isn't that crazy and it's so thick and delicious, I think I'll have to buy this one again.

After class I baked up a batch of Kath's VeggieGirl Inspired Pumpkin Bread (in muffin form) for the boyfriend since he is so good to me :) He's already devoured 3, I had half of one. So doughy, so good, and a perfect treat to celebrate the coming of fall!

Today's (rough) total: 1355

MONDAY

Breakfast this morning was 40g of oats that I soaked overnight in 1/2 cup water, then in the morning added in a few big spoonfuls of plain yogurt, cinnamon, and a banana.


I packed a lunch but wound up getting to eat it at home because I was left off work early :) I had carrots and cucumber slices with 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic hummus, rotisserie chicken with honey mustard on a whole wheat English muffin, and a plain yogurt that I jazzed up with a little fresh cut mango. I definitely gnawed on the pit after cutting up that mango.... Can't waste any of that deliciousness!! :)


Dinner was kind of in stages- I had class from 6-9 so I started eating around 4 and just kind of ate constantly until it was time to leave. I started with a bowl of whole wheat linguine with tomato basil sauce (about 2 ounces of pasta). This was the first meal I cooked on my (now working) stove in my new apartment!!! I think it was extra tasty just because I was so happy to have cooked food lol.

Next up I had about 1/2 cup of microwaved egg whites with salt and pepper and a generous pile of ketchup. On the side was half of a whole wheat English muffin and some mango slices.

Today's (rough) total: 1200

Lately I've been absolutely hooked on The Biggest Loser Australia (full seasons on YouTube!!!!) And I'm a little embarassed to admit that I'm nearly done season one. It's kind of where all my free time is going.

12 comments:

just me said...

hey hun. glad you're going to try to start blogging some more and no matter how long or short your posts would be i would love them!!!

and just from what i've learned about calories and stuff...be careful with the low number that you're consuming...if i'm correct, the lowest number of calories you should be getting is 1200...and you're pushing the buttons of that limit. just an observation.

have a great wednesday!

Conquerbysmiling said...

yumm! the hummus and baby carrots look delicious:] How do you make your hummus? Or is it store bought?

linds said...

That's kind of why I hesitate to include my calories- I don't want to include disclaimers every time I'm just not that hungry... I didn't write about the day before, but on that night I stayed up a little too late, had a second dinner and wasn't all that hungry the next day. It all balances out :) Thanks for the concern though.

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for stove-top oats & Kath's VeggieGirl Inspired Pumpkin Bread!! Two wonderful foods for the colder, autumn weather/season :0)

Happy Wednesday, Linds!!

lighterportions said...

I like the idea of calorie estimates, at least once in a while. I'm always curious as to how much other people are eating in a day.

That must kind of suck eating breakfast so darn early some mornings! Are you actually hungry at that time or do you just kind of force yourself to eat? I think i'd still be in half sleep mode that early!

And congrats on the first stove cooked meal! hahaha

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) said...

Yay, I'm so glad you're back and blogging again! So sweet of you to make muffins for your boyfriend! I added you to my blogroll, hope you don't mind.

sweeteats said...

glad you're back! everything looks good.

VeggieGirl said...

Hope all is well! :0)

Sam said...

Hey is it cool if I add you to my blogroll? I just started one :)

Danielle said...

Yay for being all settled! I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming kitchen adventures :) take care girlie

Meg said...

Every single food you posted looks yummy1 I need to try the pumpkin bread recipe. I love anything that tates doughy!

flower said...

the banana and oat combination is one of my all time favourites, it works so well with slightly too ripe bananas that nobody else will eat because they 'look funny'